Subject: [Leica] M8 sighted!
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Aug 1 08:39:35 2006

I agree.  Comparing the number of M-anything or the R9 with Digital back to
a Canon in terms of market share...... is absurd.  The
number of M cameras made in a year is less than the rounding error in the
number of Canon cameras made in a yea.  rHowever, if you
say something often enough, it becomes accepted.   A technique used in
marketing and sales all the time.....

If you want to crush all competition, you go for the throat.  If you are
nice to the competition, you may end up losing.  If Canon
has its sights on being the preeminent DSLR maker, and you were the
President of Canon's Sales and Marketing organization, you would
say the same things about all competition.....or at least allow and or
encourage your employees to do the same.  It has absolutely
nothing to do with reality, quality, or fit for purpose.  It is purely
competitive talking.  .

Yes, things like the Leaf back and Alpa cameras ARE jokes to Canon.  Ditto
Hasselblad, Sinar, Linhof, Deardorff, Zeiss, etc......

Be smart and listen less to what the camera makers and especially their
salesmen are saying and pay more attention to what your
needs and results prove to you.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I was hoping for something more substantial than, "Camera A is a joke
of a camera because we make and sell 100 or 1000 times more cameras
than they do."

I suppose then that the Leaf 75 back and Alpa cameras are also jokes.
However, this thinking is of little value to anyone but bean counters.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com