Subject: [Leica] Suggestions for a travel P/S digital cm under $500?
From: michael.francis at gs.com (Francis, Michael)
Date: Tue Aug 1 14:56:31 2006

So far I'm very happy with the new Fuji F30 - it does not use SD cards
or have image stabilization - but it is very fast to start up and
shutter lag is very low. It is currently the only P&S that can do low
light work ISO 800 is quite usable. The lens is fast and sharp, the
resolution is fine (6 MP or so.) Ask most people and they will have a
different answer for you, but don't write off the Fuji just because of
their dumb card choice. I bought 2 1GB XD cards, a small case and I was
still under your budget (including tax). Oh and the battery lasts for
300+ shots ... which is about 1 XD card full.

Mike