Subject: [Leica] Suggestions for a travel P/S digital cm under $500?
From: Digiratidoc at aol.com (Digiratidoc@aol.com)
Date: Tue Aug 1 15:09:52 2006

In a message dated 8/1/2006 4:58:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
henningw@archiphoto.com writes:

>Direct out of camera quality seems to favour the Canons, but the
>Panasonics aren't bad. If you have a strong interest in low light
>shooting where the subjects might not stay still, there's the Fuji
>F30 which has about 3 stops better high ISO performance, but no IS
>and no 28mm.

I tried the Canon SD700 IS and didn't like it. Perhaps mine was just a bad
sample but the pictures did'nt seem as sharp and the IS didn't work nearly
as
well as the Panasonics, but the Panasonics all suffer from noise, noise,
noise. Took the Canon back and got the Fuji F30. Pics are much sharper and
working in low light at ISO 400 or 800 the noise levels are amazingly low.
You
don't miss the IS when you can shoot up to ISO 3200! My 2 cents.

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Suggestions for a travel P/S digital cm under $500?)