Subject: [Leica] monthly photo contest
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Aug 7 13:40:36 2006

> How about if the competition is open to all and there should be no image
> data available during voting. After the winner is picked, if the image is
> taken with a Leica body or Leica lens (Pana-designed acceptable), then the
> winner gets a "better" prize?<<<<

For heaven sake what do we need a prize for ? Don't we do our magic strictly
for the love and enjoyment of it? In this case kicking ass with wonderful
photos?

Damn the prizes!! Who needs them? Isn't their a self satisfaction of having
one's picture picked as best of the month self satisfying? Why can't we just
do this simply for the enjoyment of being picked above all others in
producing the best photograph from the submitted materials.

After all this isn't some mickey mouse group of teen agers, well I suppose
some times we think and act like that. ;-)

Making this into a big complicated mish mash of rules and regulations takes
the spontaneity and fun out of it. Hell lets see if it'll work first by the
number of photographs submitted for the first couple of months. Any "old
thing at all subject" and the best picture is picked regardless.

Think of it as ...."Picture of the month." Subject be damned! If it works
and people are all gung ho, fine.

Then a theme can be introduced. Which quite frankly adds a fair deal of work
for many members. However, it can be a wait and see if it works, then decide
if it's a go or not based on numbers of theme entries submitted. And if it
creates a lot of extra shooting time for the crew then it reverts to
"Picture of the Month".

ted

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] monthly photo contest)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] monthly photo contest)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] monthly photo contest)
Message from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] monthly photo contest)
Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] monthly photo contest)