Subject: [Leica] Lens caps
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Aug 15 16:19:39 2006

Don't do it Adam!
I'm sure that Walt, Ted and many others are fearless enough to get away with
this and bring back the great pictures.

Here's the litmus test, are you:
a. a serious hard hitting photojournalist for whom the gear is just a tool
(If it dies, it dies, it's just a stinkin' camera) or
b: an enthusiast  photographer who also enjoys the ownership and pleasure of
having fine Leica equipment
(how many sales have you passed on because the seller says, some wipe marks
on the glass)

Cheers
Hoppy
OK I leave the filter off these days, but only clean with the right stuff
and never forget the cap.