Subject: [Leica] astronomy anti-light pollution question
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Sun Sep 3 09:11:57 2006

Gather all for an odd question:

An amateur astronomer friend asked called me this morning to ask for advice.
The street light on his corner is giving him problems observing the night
sky.
He tried to shield it from view with minimal improvement.
He has decided to temporarily cover the light head itself with opaque
material.
He was wondering what kind of material to use.

I first suggested a pellet gun to 'whack' the light.. Too much civil
disobedience for him.
Then I suggested heat resistant metallic cloth.
The kind they use in fire rescue work. (?)
Anyone know where to get a metallic blanket to cover a streetlight?
Any other ideas?

Eric

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] astronomy anti-light pollution question)
Reply from jackherron at cox.net (Jack C. Herron) ([Leica] astronomy anti-light pollution question)