Subject: [Leica] Present again
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Sep 18 14:06:54 2006

Dear Luggers,

Thank you very much for the many touching sympathies sent on- and
offlist while I was hospitalized, and a special thanks to Nathan who
was so kind to transmit my message.

Two weeks ago, I noticed a certain shortness of breath while doing
bicycle training. Had to give up at hills where I usually climb up
without sweating. As I have had a thrombosis a year ago, my wife, a
nurse, was rather unsettled about that and fortunately sent me to the
doc, which diagnosed several pulmonary embolisms and immediately
passed me over to the next hospital, where I stayed until today.

Will presumably need to take coagulating (blood-thinning) meds for
the rest of my life. Nothing to complain about, considering the fact
that the biggest clump had a size that might easily send one to the
happy hunting ground: http://tinyurl.com/l5gq3 It's the grey shadow
in the red mark. The black areas are the lunge's inside. Shot with
off-topic gear, a Philips computer tomograph. The DOF is very narrow
but the bokeh looks rather dark :-)

I have been commanded to go for long, slow walks. You can bet I'll
take a camera with me, and post the results here.

Thanks again to all, and I wish a pleasant photokina time for all who
go there. Looks like the M8 will be the show stealer...
Didier

Replies: Reply from leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason) ([Leica] Present again)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Present again)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Present again)