Subject: [Leica] film vs. digital in my brain.
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Wed Sep 27 14:38:40 2006

I'll give you that, BD.  My eyes & brain don't really know what is going on
in the camera with regards to medium.  Perhaps it's the handling of the
instrument then.  I hate the viewfinder, I hate the warm-up time, I hate the
lag between shots as the camera saves to the card, and I really don't like
the crop factor.  That's 30% of my 70-200 L series lens that I don't get to
use.  So perhaps I'm "measurebating" (copyright Ken Rockwell.  Thanks Ken)
about the equipment.  But it's equipment that I don't enjoy using.  It has
failed on me several times in the last few weeks.  I'm a bit of a luddite as
well so perhaps that's an issue.  The man/machine interface just doesn't cut
it for me, so that may be the issue.  I have no problem with digital.  I
wouldn't mind being all digital, all the time.  It would save me a ton of
money.
Thanks all for your opinions.