Subject: [Leica] An American Yankee in Herr Leitz' Court
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Oct 7 14:21:41 2006

John,

I agree that the M8 is an excellent product, based on the reports we
have seen here on the list and on my own fondling of it at Photokina
last weekend. I am speaking purely from a marketing point of view: the
LHSA/LUG crowd is simply not big enough to sustain the company. The
challenge is to get new customers, people who have not previously used
Leica. Whether they will be able to do that at the price point they
currently are at is another matter.

Nathan