Subject: [Leica] Opinions Collapsible Cron vs. Elmar or others
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Oct 27 07:51:25 2006

Lius,

The collapsible Summicron is softer, with less contrast, especially
wide open. It becomes very close to the rigid around f8 (I have the
DR). While I like my DR the best,  I use the Summilux ASPH when I
want ultimate sharpness. In all I have 6 50's including the Nocti and
the Tri-Elmar. I also include a 50/3.5 Elmar. The only lens I have
for my IIIc. I think your reason for wanting the collapsible is dead
on. Try it, you'll like it.

Good Luck and find a good one.
Len