Subject: [Leica] OT: slide projector
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Thu Nov 2 10:48:16 2006

Digiratidoc@aol.com wrote:
> My wife's father's ninetieth birthday is coming up and she wants  to buy
> him
> a good slide projector. He has a closet full of slides but lost his
> projector
> in a move some time back. I've checked my local photo store and some  of
> the
> common photo web sites with little luck. Seems projectors are  considered
> dinosaurs along with film cameras by many these days. Any ideas  where I
> can get
> one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

Slide projectors are close to worthless to most people.
A high quality Leica projector of 10 to 20 years old will be a superb
projector and will cost not more then a few hundred dollars. If bought
private probably even less.
Just make sure you have one with a good lens. A colorplan is the one to
look for. A good screen is also very important.
I got a 500 wat pradovit schoolprojector for nothing from a friend. I
bought a prado66 for 30 Euro's the other day.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema