Subject: [Leica] Re:M8 Impressions, Pro and Con
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Nov 12 18:36:32 2006

At 09:12 PM 11/12/2006, you wrote:
>Tina,
>
>About the battery lasting................how many DNG files from the M8 can
>you get on one battery(taking into consideration you are chimping
>sometimes)?

Hi, Chris -  One 2GB (about 150 DNG with smallest jpeg files) card
and I hardly ever chimp.  Supposedly the battery isn't at full
capacity until it's been completely drained and recharged 4 or 5
times, so maybe it will improve.

>Does the 5D battery really last a week? On how many images? My D2h/D2x
>batteries last long but only about 2 days with continuous shooting(about 20
>hrs, around 1600 images) with some chimping.

The 5D is almost as good as the 1DMII.  That huge battery lasts
almost two weeks of constant shooting.  I get at least 4 or 5 2GB
cards full with each 5D battery.  It's much, much better than the 10D or 20D.

>I have 10 M lenses + more LTM's so to me the M8 is a no brainer for work. I
>wanted to get the DMR at first, but for me I need TTL flash and I have
>enough SLR's.

I've been tempted by the DMR, but I like the Canon's just fine for right now.

Good luck!

Tina

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re:M8 Impressions, Pro and Con)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re:M8 Impressions, Pro and Con)