Subject: [Leica] New Photos. Historical.
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon Nov 13 13:00:30 2006

The following album contains photos of two historical homes in
Pennsylvania.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/LeonardT/Historical/Keith_1.jpg.html

Five photos are of colonial Gov Sir Wm Keith. The house was built in
1722 and remains nearly as it was then and is the only remaining
original home left from colonial times.

The keith #1 and #2 were taken with an M2 and 35mm Summicron. Film
Agfa APX100 developed in Rodinal 1:25.

Shots 3, 4 and 5 from the Keith home were taken with  an M7, 24mm
Elmarit ASPH and SF20 flash. Film Fuji Acros 100 developed in X-Tol 1:1.

The William Penn Manor shots were all taken with Acros 100 and X-tol.
I did not know that flash was not allowed due to UV damage to the
furnishings. They also had protective film over the windows. I only
had the 100 film and a 28mm Elmarit. The indoor shots were at 1/15th
f2.8. I plan on visiting again soon armed with Tri-X and shot at
about ISO 800. That should work.

The Penn home is a reconstruction using the same ground and the same
plans as the original home which was destroyed.

This may not be as interesting to some of you but it's what I like
along with flowers and my IR and UV stuff.

Len

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] New Photos. Historical.)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] New Photos. Historical.)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] New Photos. Historical.)
Message from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:M8 Impressions, Pro and Con)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re:M8 Impressions, Pro and Con)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re:M8 Impressions, Pro and Con)