Subject: [Leica] Dust and 420s
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Mon Nov 13 22:25:38 2006

On Nov 13, 2006, at 10:01 AM, Lottermoser George wrote:

>  Of course it's a real problem. When has dust not been a problem in
> the world of photography? (snip)

Well, actually, since I switched to Olympus SLRs, the dust reduction
system has been 100% effective on the E-330 and E-500 thus far. Of
course, the same will be true of the Digilux 3 and Lumix L1.

Oh, and my new V Lux is turning out to be a lot of fun. Where else
can one get a 420mm f3.4 IS lens of this quality for that price (or
the even cheaper FZ50)? And since the lens does not extend
externally, hopefully this will reduce the eventual appearance of
dust there, too.

Leica is on a winning streak with the new crop of PS cameras made by
and with Panasonic, IME. Love the D Lux 3 as well.

Will von Dauster

Message from wooderson at gmail.com (Matt Powell) ([Leica] M8 Impressions, Pro and Con)
Message from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] M8 Impressions, Pro and Con)