Subject: [Leica] Mac desktop for Photoshop CS2?
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Nov 19 14:42:23 2006

My current Gateway computer works fine for just about everything. It was a
top-end screamer when I bought it nearly 4 years ago. But using it with
Photoshop CS is enough to push me nearly over the edge. Sometimes it takes
20 seconds to respond to an [Alt] push when using the healing brush. It is
simply too slow and too limited in resources to work well or even marginally
with Photoshop CS. I feel that I have two choices:

(1) Buy 4 gb of memory and see if that speeds things up
(2) Buy a low end Mac and use it for PS CS2 only

For those of you out there who are Mac aficionados, what would be a
reasonable lower end Mac for use with PS CS2 keeping in mind that I will be
using it for that ONLY. Maybe an iMac in the $1,500 to $2,000 area? Doesn't
the Mac handle memory and resources better than Windows XP. Your thoughts
and suggested are heartily welcomed.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com