Subject: [Leica] Leica M8: "I think it's going to be all right"
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri Nov 24 16:43:07 2006

Hugh, with your attitude and requirements, the M8 will be fantastic I'm
sure. I'm loving using it, and it makes a great companion for the Tri-E. I
think the filter issue will be an ongoing problem for Leica, as
non-traditonal M users will demand colour, BUT the colour rendition is
great in normal lighting situations. I would love to try it out with an IR
filter, as I think there may be a slight "warming" effect which is being
corrected in the software. For me the only real issue seems to be in low
light situations, where colour correction software could lead to
misrepresentation of "important" colours: purple is NOT the new black ;-)

Message from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] Leica M8: "I think it's going to be all right")