Subject: [Leica] Jumping runner cropped and a couple of other shots
From: larry.k at rcn.com (larry.k@rcn.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 07:58:16 2006

>Your shot might be saved by a tight crop from roadway to top of sign over
>the jumper with the time board, that's the picture ..... nobody else in
>this
>frame matters. Remember it's a tight crop, even the guy on the jumpers in
>blue, goes. It looks like there's enough space between the two of them to
>cut it clean.

Hey Ted,
  Thanks for taking the time to give such great advice on shooting road
races.
Yeah, you're right. there aren't a lot of good photo ops unless you get a
shot of
someone falling on his/her face. ;-) I guess there isn't a lot of interest
when
people remain vertical! Running (and walking) is a kind of controlled
falling, so
there is always some chance you're be rewarded with a good shot.

  Ok, so I did an extreme crop job on the jumping runner. I can't quite get
rid of
blue jacket in the low left part of the frame. I also uploaded a couple of
other
shots, one of shoes and one of the massed start.

http://web.mac.com/mac.hive/iWeb/Site/Race.html

  Regards,

  Larry

P.S. I hope you weathered this storm ok...

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Jumping runner cropped and a couple of other shots)