Subject: [Leica] A tripod, an M8, and two candles - do some science
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jan 7 13:42:43 2007

Brian,
It is not trouble, they are data points.  I suspect for church photography I
would go with another lens than the Noctilux; possibly a 35 1.4 or faster,
the new 50 ASPH, the 75 ASPH, or possibly the C/V Nokton.  Any loss of speed
going from F1 to 1.4 can be made up by using a higher EI  on the M8 by
whatever means.  Candles may be an issue but with a known problem you could
frame them out of most images.  Worst case, wait until February and the IR
filter.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com