Subject: [Leica] OT Mongolia Trip
From: cchan at pldtdsl.net (Nelson Chan)
Date: Tue Jan 9 07:52:09 2007

> Spring Festival events?  The be sure you take color film, from what I have
> seen of Chinese things they tend to be quite colorful with lots of reds
> and golds...especially at Spring Festival...you have to wear red in the
> new year to have good luck.  I'd take the two M6es and lenses up to the 90
> and forget the rest.  The Ms are small enough to not be a burden and give
> top notch quality.  I'd not take  50, 75 and 90, probably just 50
> 90..unless the 90 is a 2.8 then I'd leave it home and take the 75.

Yes, I know the custom, although I was born in Manila, my parents are
migrants from China and yes, we have to wear red during this time.:)

> Have fun...this is something I have been pondering myself as I am probably
> going this summer with my wife.  The only thing I want before the trip is
> a 12mm CV lens to be wider than my 28 is.  I do not care to take digital
> on a trip like that for worries of downloading and charging batteries.

The  21mm is a CV and thinking whether to use it with the CLE exclusively
since the CLE is light and small.  Till now, I have not bought a single
serious Digital.  I only digital camera i will bring along is PS Canon.

Thanks and hope you will venture into this sort of trip too.  Tibet and
Xinjiang are two places that I intend to visit in the near future.  There is
this new railway to Tibet from China proper (Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing).
The carriage are specially built with oxygen supply for each pasenger due to
high altitude.  Love to try that instead of flying to Tibet.

Regards,

Nelson

Message from cchan at pldtdsl.net (Nelson Chan) ([Leica] OT Mongolia Trip)
Message from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] OT Mongolia Trip)