Subject: [Leica] RE: LUG Digest, Vol 33, Issue 549
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu Jan 11 09:33:11 2007

I do not understand why people equate a Leica with extravagance and try and
defend their right to buy it - no one denies that you have that right. A M6
will last you as long as film is available - it is probably a value pick
over the long term.  I use pens and mechanical watches which are expensive,
but will last a lifetime.

 I was talking about the M8 - I would guess that with the life of digital at
around 3 years, Leica would have to make it trendy to make money with it, as
I do not think too many photographers will shell out US$5000 for it (though
for the good of the company I sincerely hope so). Anyway the jury's out on
this one. Lets wait and see.

Cheers
Jayanand