Subject: [Leica] What Desktop Computer to Buy These Days?
From: charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer)
Date: Wed Jan 31 16:59:50 2007

Intel Macs can run both OS X and XP natively now.  I'm still using an
older PowerPC version of Photoshop running as a Classic app on a G4
Mini.  Keep an eye out (www.thinksecret.com and other mac sites) for
Adobe release dates for Universal updates to Photoshop.  New Mac Pro
configs should be released this year, as well as the latest release
of OS X this spring.  With the release of Vista, Redmond is still
playing catch-up ball in OSes...and the new Mac OS X release should
put Vista even further behind.  The traditional 'price premium' for
Macs has been reduced or has largely gone away in the past couple of
years....and that does not consider the value of the Mac OS and
included apps.

Heard rumors of an Apple 'Media Event' on 22 February.  This is how
they introduce products in Cupertino between annual Macworld Expos.

Charlie