Subject: [Leica] Custom white ballance <WAS>: I Tried an M8; Color Question
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Tue Feb 20 15:19:01 2007

Eric,

One thing I do when I am in a hurry is shoot a frame with the expo disk
then do a click WB on that exposure and apply to all...pretty much what
you are talking about.  The main thing with the expo disk or any WB
device is it gives you a known point from which to start.  Not always is
there a white point in the photo and I hate sitting there trying to futz
around and correct something I should have done correct at the start. LOL

In writing this I am remembering an e-mail from Philipe earlier asking
if I WB my Chinese New Year stuff...that was shot on film...all this
makes me remember those times in the darkroom printing photos on
deadline for some news organization...pretty much no matter how you do
the WB now it is easier than printing color was, or shooting chrome and
having to light it!

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography