Subject: [Leica] Focus, Noctilux, M8, C Mode & Scotch
From: carlmuck at verizon.net (Carl Muckenhirn)
Date: Mon Mar 19 09:30:45 2007

Given the distance from the center of the lens mount to center of the
RF patch is ~54mm, at 45 deg. the rf patch is ~35mm closer to the
target. If the DOF is less than that then, assuming accurate focus,
the difference is visible.

So simple fix is to rotate the camera (and if we're getting
persnickety, make sure the focus point is on a line 1/2 between the
center of the lens and the center of the rf patch) then you can test,
informally to your hearts content.

Most of us do not have an optical bench to play with, so these
informal tests are all we've got!

c.