Subject: [Leica] Focus, Noctilux, M8, C Mode & Scotch
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Mar 19 15:13:28 2007

George that puts the cat amongst the pigeons! I shall track that user forum
reference down. Certainly the author of the focus test
that I've used was recommending it for DSLRs not rangefinders. (I was
testing the Summilux asph on M7)
If the 45 degree ruler test is invalid, it seems we need an alternative. I
can only think of moving a test target incrementally and
shooting a frame at each position. My first thought might be a perpendicular
target along a flat bench with gradations. This might
help reduce the variables by eliminating tripods and angles. Anyone that's
had success or has suggestions could chime in here.

Concurrent with this, I can follow how the roller adjustment works in the
camera body, however the effect at different distances and
with different lenses (and their different cams) is a consideration.
Empirically, it's apparently worked well for those LUG folk
that have tried. It would be trivial to mark a zero point so that you could
reverse your adjustment, I guess.

Cheers
Hoppy