Subject: [Leica] Re: HD to replace JPG
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Mar 28 10:58:36 2007

At 02:43 PM 3/28/2007, Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:
 >I understand that Microsoft is pushing the HD format to replace JPG.
 >MS claims that HD produces better results with smaller file sizes.
 >Will one of the tech mavens on the LUG explain what HD is.
 >
 >By the way, it seems that the initials HD are being used for
 >everything. HD radio, HD television - and soon HD beer.

"HD" normally stands for "High Definition".  WVTF
in Roanoke, Virginia, has an HD-FM channel.  WOR
in New York broadcasts on HD AM.  HD requires a
special receiver though you can generally get a
computer feed which eliminates this need.

I am unaware of an HD photo format.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!