Subject: [Leica] News
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Sun Apr 8 19:07:29 2007

I have criticized the M8, don't have one and seldom post photos.

That is pretty much all that is appalling about me and my mother is
still pretty much glad to see me even though one would think after 47
years of exposure, my presence might be wearing a bit thin.

However, I am finding it a bit much to swallow that I must:

- use a special filter* (with its attendant reflection problems),
- code all my lenses,
- and wait for a special firmware upgrade (1.10)

before the camera is useable!

I am glad that others are happy and have no desire to dampen their
enthusiasm at all but Leica has done a poor job of it and I am going
to sit this one out.

John Collier

*I am not against filters per-ca and use them where a situation
merits them but I am kicking at having to constantly use one
especially when it ruddy well detracts.

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] News)
Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Why I Love the M8)