Subject: [Leica] Why I Love the M8
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sun Apr 8 19:25:36 2007

First, I don't own one.

I'm aware of its significant limitations, Leica's inexcusable delays for
updates and IR filters, horrendous expense and inevitable obsolescence.

I still love it.

The M8, no matter the opinions, has made a huge impact upon Leica
photography.  Many Leica fans who had forsaken the M and R systems for
extremely competent DSLRs found a reason to come back.

The pictures posted on the LUG are a testament to this change.  We're seeing
more Leica-produced stuff than I can remember.  If the M8 (and a future
DECENT DSLR) keep Solms/Wetzlar alive, in spite of the missteps and prices
only an Emir could love, then it's a huge success.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA
Who swore it was a shutter button.

Message from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] News)