Subject: [Leica] Leica Service in Hong Kong
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri Apr 20 05:10:05 2007

Hi Luggers,
I went into the Schmidt office (Leica Agent for HK and China) in
Quarry Bay today ready to give Kelvin and the pretty Cherry (they are
the front line flak catchers) A Piece of My Mind because I had
emailed them earlier in the week that they had promised my lenses
would be returned from their coding visit to Solms in 6 to 8 weeks
and 9 weeks had passed. But I didn't get to do my high dudgeon
routine (perfected over 50+ years of practice) because as I came in
the door Kelvin beamed up at me and sang out "Cummer - two of your
lenses came back yesterday". I was disarmed immediately and sat down
to find out which two. They turned out to be the 35 Lux Asph and the
Tri Elmar which pleased me much. The other two the 21 Elmarit and the
24 Elmarit Asph are still visiting Germany. I had Kelvin search the
repair item data base (Schmidt certainly have a lot of equipment
traveling between HK and Solms). We found my two wides and he said he
would follow up on their estimated date of return. I then turned to
Cherry and asked her about buying Leica IR cut filters for the
returned lens - a 46 for the 35 and a 49 for the 3E. She told me that
only 39 and 46mm filters had been delivered to HK so far and that all
the filters had been shipped out to the camera stores - none left
with Schmidt. I must have looked very unhappy because Cherry picked
up the phone and called Tin Cheung Camera (on Carnarvon Road in Tsim
Sha Tsui) and I was able to go there after lunch and pick up two 46mm
filters for HK$1,000 (US$128.00) each. I need an adapter so I can
mount the 46mm filter on the 49mm thread of the 3E (vignetting be
damned). Can anyone help?
Cheers,
Howard (in Hong Kong)

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica Service in Hong Kong)