Subject: [Leica] NPR comments on photography
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Apr 26 16:43:12 2007

Yep, well it was Robert Capa. No shortage of opinions on that shot out there
in Google land.
If it was staged, do you think that diminishes its power as an image? If, so
was staging the picture justified? And for wheels
within wheels, I have read that Capa himself was a staged identity created
to market the work of a photographer called Andre
Friedman.
One reference here
<http://www.pbs.org/weta/reportingamericaatwar/reporters/capa/photo1.html>

If that is so does that diminish your opinion of his iconic pictures?

Cheers
Hoppy