Subject: [Leica] RE: Results of April 2007 LUG photo contest
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu May 3 17:03:46 2007

Hey that one was mine, and it crashed and burned. I thought it was the
strongest of my pictures. I put in three others with OT gear
from my archives to try to get a feel for what works and appeals. I was so
pleased with myself, too. It was an M with a Visoflex and
old 135 head and shot especially for the comp.
A very interesting comment on my still using the colour, Brian. I'd actually
been discussing this with Montie off list prior to
submitting it (slides still in the mail at that time). Montie had suggested
that I consider a bw version. I thought the colour was
relevant and added more impact and context.
You FOOL, Hoppy, the past and present winner made a suggestion and you went
with your own judgement!

Cheers
Hoppy