Subject: [Leica] Re: Backups
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu May 24 22:05:36 2007

And to add to this, I would never use the 50 cent DVDs for backup. I do
not have the link to the Wilhelm research on CDs and DVDs handy, but
there are clearly quality differences. I back up my photos to external
hard disks which I keep at home (connected to the computer but switched
off except when being written to or read from), and also on Delkin's
gold archival DVDs which I keep in my office in case my house burns down
or is burglarized. Those DVDs cost more like $3 each, but given the
effort and time I put into my photos, I happily pay the price (and I do
not shoot 5 GB per day, more like 2-3 GB per week).

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands