Subject: [Leica] 8 reel tank thanks
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun Jun 17 15:44:25 2007

i found that with my possibly excessively energetic agitation method,
more and 5 rolls ended up with occasional streakiness in the end
rolls.  i gradually settled doing 5 rolls in 2 tanks at the same time.
as i used xtol 1+3, the times were long enough to allow filling and
agitating 2 tanks one after the other.

one suggestion i can offer is to keep track of the negs after
processing in terms of position in the tank (bottom roll, 2nd roll,
etc up to top roll).  that way, if you do notice any systematic
increases in contast, or streaking, you might be able to see if
it is the position in the stack (thereby indicating the stack
may bee too tall).

-rei