Subject: [Leica] eBay & Paypal
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Jun 18 23:26:18 2007

At 11:56 PM 6/18/2007, Robert Beaudoin wrote:
 >Bonsoir,
 >
 >  Since *bay and Paypal are mentioned here every so often, I was
 >wondering if anybody (surely someone must) has an explanation for the
 >following.  In the last couple of days I was going to bid (and surely
 >win) some items on *Bay.  However the sellers flatly refused to accept
 >a method of payment other than Paypal.  My feedback is perfect.  Why
 >would anyone actually tie their hand with Paypal (who do not have the
 >greatest of reputation businesswise) and lose money?  Did this happen
 >to anyone on this list?

As a general rule, I REALLY prefer PayPal to any
other form of payment.  I have been using eBay
and PayPal for so long that I did not have to
have a credit card when I signed up with either
service.  Never had a misfire with either.  Of
course, my days of selling $8,500 lenses to the
Orient were earlier than that, back when I had
the lenses and the Japanese had the funds and did not dicker.

PayPal is so bloody simple. Folks buy something
and the money goes into my PayPal account.  I buy
something, it comes out of my PayPal account.  Where's the beef?

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!