Subject: [Leica] Eyepiece magnifier
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Mon Jul 23 14:19:02 2007

I've followed your different opinions, I own the 1,25x Leica magnifier, IMO
it don't make for me a real improvement on focusing help, you see bigger but
with a certain loss of brillance. I've tested how fast can I be to focus the
M6 (my is 0,72x) with i.e. a 90mm and how difference of precission could be
done with and without magnifier. Honestly I saw any difference, maybe a very
slight one, but not important. I'm a glass wearer, and normally I need my
glasses to adjust the f-stop or the speed. On this cases I think it is a
disavantage, put on and out your glasses constantly.

Maybe would be fine for me the HK 0,85x, I'm not a strong user of the 28mm,
I use it on my Tri-Elmar, normaly on my M6 and if I use it on other bodies
with a VF 0,85x I use an external vf, sometimes I use on my M's the old
Hektor 2,8cm/f6,3 too.

In my case maybe would be justified a HK 0,85x if I have a 28mm to use
regularly on my 0,85x MP, this is cheaper to buy another MP body 0,72x, but
I'm not absolutely sure if it should be really usable, and on any case I
imagine it is not fast to use, if every time I change the lens I should put
on/out the 0,85x is not practicall, I prefer have constantly my external
28mm vf on the camera. The main reason is that I can't imagine work always
with the camera with the 0,85x installed, IMO this should be bad when you
use either of a 28mm lens.

Saludos cordiales
Luis

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Eyepiece magnifier)