Subject: [Leica] Summarit press release
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Aug 8 21:17:43 2007

Mark my 50 asph which I got new (a 6 bit baby) was a little stiffer to turn
than the focus on my 28 asph. I do like the focus tabs
on both. I operated the focus from min to max a couple of hundred times
while reading my LUG mail and it seems awfully smooth and
very usable. A few hundred more times in support of exposing film. Marty
over here has commented that he can feel the extra focus
helix complexity. I haven't noticed. It is a little firmer only. There is
absolutely zero detectable play which makes for great
precision. Maybe my thumb and index finger have buffed up.
Or you're spending too much time with girly AF lenses that get refocused by
a stiff breeze.

Cheers
Hoppy