Subject: [Leica] Stupid Question but I mean well
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Sep 18 08:01:23 2007

You will need the appropriate SCA adapter, and I think the best
selection of flashes can be found at Metz (Mecablitz), Cobra, Sunpak. I
doubt that there are any reasonably powered flashes dedicated to Leica
cameras, only the little twinkly things for their comapcts and M
cameras. When I use flash at all it's Metz 45 CT-3 hammerhead, powerful
and very versatile and easy to use.
Hope this helps a little. Here's a link to Metz , the SCA models and
adapters are the ones you want to look at

http://www.metz.de/en/photo_electronics/

They even have a search option to find out which camera is compatible
with which flasjh and which adapter you need

http://www.metz.de/en/photo_electronics/flashlight_recommendations.142.html

Cheers
Douglas
BTW, nice camera the R7