Subject: [Leica] Never judge/ Sibelius 2/Arturo & Vladimir a comparison
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Oct 7 13:47:34 2007

Art,
would that be this recording?
http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/hnum/8541910?rk=classic&rsk=hitlist
Track 1- 4 are from the 2nd (unfortunately only excerpts that stop much
too soon)

Sounds a little aged but has (almost, for me) the same intensity as the
Ashkenazy from what I can here over my PC speakers, I'd have to hear it
downstairs on the heavy B&W s to really appreciate it - must look into
ordering it.

But open your ears to this!! - disc 2 track 12 - its breathtaking -
Wagner would have been envious - panoramas enfold , deep dark forests,
wild, bare mountain tops, the tart smell of peat on stone in the cold
fresh air. I once listened to this on tape at the top of a mountain in
the Yorkshire Dales in a place where I knew there was no other person in
a radius of about 12 miles - intoxicating to say the least!

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/hnum/9752018?rk=classic&rsk=hitlist

The clarity of the brass and the almost subsonic undertones are quite
amazing even over my little PC screechers.

What kind of camera did Sibelius use I wonder - he certainly got some
wonderful colour rendition into his music :-)
Cheers
Douglas