Subject: [Leica] Getting into Leica
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Tue Oct 23 19:41:16 2007

Don Dory <don.dory@gmail.com> wrote:

>If fast 35's and 50's are your idea of a perfect focal length then a
>SL or R would be a great choice as these lenses are plainly superior
>in the Leica world over the Nikon world.  Other windows of advantage
>Leica would be 28's, 19's, 100 Macro, 180 and 280.
>
>My personal recomendation would be a clean SL and a 35 F2 with a 90
>APO F2 as a clean two lens package.

one small comment: I believe the 90 APO has mirror clearance problems with
the SL, so the SL2 would be my choice with this lens.  It would have to be
converted from ROM to 3-cam to be used on the SL2.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Getting into Leica)