Subject: [Leica] Here's my first Sunday car for the Times
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Nov 5 21:34:10 2007

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/automobiles/20071104_EGO_FEATURE/index.
html

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/automobiles/collectibles/04LANCER.html?_r=
1&ref=automobiles&oref=slogin
You don't need to belong anymore to the Times internet thing.

I used a heavy and pricy bubble fronted 14mm 2.8 D ED Nikor which became a
21 on my D200
Instead of my trusty 12-24 f4 zoom.
http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/lens/af/wideangle/af_14mmf_28d/index
.htm

And instead of a 21 Asph on my M which I hope to use soon on one of these
things.

Shot in the pouring rain and in garages with heavy off color non continuous
color lighting, florescent and low pressure sodium.
Made for heavy blue, green and yellow casts respectively which I was careful
to not over correct.

Got soaked was sick for a week or so. A real catharsis!.
Still on some Sudafed for a clearer head. But not quite my own head.

This was the first time I've shot with another camera body with lens with
me. Two camera bodies with me at once.
Though it was in my bag and only came out once. With a 24 2.8 on it, a D40x.
The shot was not used though. It wasn't so great anyway.

Took some guts to leave my zooms at home but I think using some higher end
glass might have given me an edge on this one. That and the intense rain
which gave it an immediacy and more interesting surfaces.

They ran two shots in the paper this time. A shot of him driving in black
and white. Was pleased as punch. Down to my underwear.

I think this was my best one.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Here's my first Sunday car for the Times)