Subject: [Leica] ISO 1600
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Nov 5 21:13:15 2007

> I forgot, I wanted to see how the ISO 1600 setting looked on the D80
> before I trusted it for very much too.
>
> http://dlridings.se/gallery/v/Shoebox/2007v44/DSC_0037.jpg.html
>
> I'm not sure if I got the color profiles out of the files. On my
> laptop they look cold, cold. On the desktop screen they look alright.
>
> I was happy with this 1600 setting. It'll work for me.
>
> Daniel

Well they sure look good on the screen. Creamy and grainless.

Question is what you'd think of the grain quality in the size you usually
print it. Which I assume is 8.5x11. On paper I mean.

I think its doable but a person has to know how to have his settings right.
Not unsharp too much. Not sharp to un much.
Use the noise raw settings just right. And not double jpeg.
You seem to have your act together on the whole deal.

Although Dan Ridings doing digital I'm not sure if I'm ready for yet.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] ISO 1600)