Subject: [Leica] dang! everyone looks like a star in the 85 1.8 (or the 75 1.4 if you can focus it)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Nov 6 22:52:34 2007

> On Nov 7, 2007 3:52 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Cuter still is the older 85 f2 80 AI which is half the size and looks just
>> like a 50.
>
> That's the one I have, but if the autofocus 85/1.8 focuses correctly, I'm
> game.
>
> I _do_ like the size of the 85/2.0 though.
>
> Daniel

AF is nice sometimes. The 1.8 is a much more modern design and is probably
much sharper. I use it in the studio. Which I don't have. I use it for an
indoor shoot. I'd use the ai f2 for walking around. You got grabbing power
people don't know you got. That comes in handy.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] dang! everyone looks like a star in the 85 1.8 (orthe 75 1.4 if you can focus it))