Subject: [Leica] Nokton 58mm f/1.4 SL II Ultron 40mm f/2 SL II Aspherical
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Nov 6 20:17:34 2007

Speaking of which I see Mr. Kobajashi has been out it again this time I
don't think they started out with Leica M or LTM mounts but with Nikon for
Nikon! Maybe coming later there will be a Leica version this time!
Here's the pic.
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=NewsDesk_Internal&article_num=110607-1

The Nokton 58mm f/1.4 SL II  gives you 87mm's at 1.4 in a compact design
basic on a classic Topcon lens I remember the guy with the bowler hat.

Put your Nokton on your Nikonton.
We need a Leicton.

Or Akanaton.
For the after market Arkansas sub market

What I like the best and what I just finished ten minutes ago for dinner is
pancakes.
And Cosina is delighting us by coming out with an Ultron 40mm f/2 SL II
Aspherical in a "pancake" design.
They're not making the 45 2.8 P anymore. Not for a few years. A classic
Tessar. I love mine. And I have the old one too. The GN.
But this is no classic Tessar but high tech design using Aspherical
elements and god knows what else I'll take mine with blueberries.
(ultra-high refractive index topping) I'm all for it! Classic lens design is
great but now with the computers and coatings and toppings and grindings I'm
into the millennium at hand.
I'm in George Jetson mode. Forgot Fred Flintstone.
We've invented the wheel lets roll with it.

Just found the Cosina blurb on it
http://www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigt/v-lens/sl2/40sl2/index.html

Looks like it will be easier to grab and turn than my 2.8 P and not be
silver! And be stop faster. A Summicron instead of an elmar.

And
Translation
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.cosina.co.jp/
seihin/voigt/v-lens/sl/40sl/index.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=3&ct=result&
prev=/search%3Fq%3DUltron%2B40mm%2Bf/2%2BSL%2BII%2BAspherical%26num%3D20%26h
l%3Den%26newwindow%3D1%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den-us%26pwst%3
D1

- the lens hood is available in two body styles; domed and straight.

You can see the pictures in the URL above.

So its like the original hood for the 45 GN which I prefer, but can't find.
Or the new one for the 45 P which I leave off as its a whole lot of silver
which attracts attention. But if I had one in black who knows?
I'll take one of each please.

Oops I see the dp preview now and its not just for Nikon anymore.
Its for Pentax. Good old Pentax. Do I now anyone shooting with a Pentax?
Not a Pokton for a Pentax?
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0711/07110201voigtlander.asp
Very sleek looking.

For only ?50,000
The cub scout sign is I bet is supposed to mean yen.
http://www.geocities.com/~pack215/cs-sign.jpg

I'm hoping a dollar is like a thousand yen in that ballpark.
But I bet not.

And obey the law of the pack.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com