Subject: [Leica] Nokton 58mm f/1.4 SL II Ultron 40mm f/2 SL II Aspherical
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Nov 7 01:10:15 2007

Mark

This lens was already released in another mount by Cosina Voigtlander, in
M42, for the Bessaflex Topcon Super D Replica:

http://www.cameraquest.com/jpg4/BesFlexSilv5.jpg

The lens design is based on the original 58/1.4 Auto-Topcor from the early
60ies. Cosina had received the rights by Tokyo Optical to use the name and
design. Later it was laso released in Nikon Ai-S mount. The new release just
has the additional chip for DSLRs.

I doubt there'll be a rangefinder version dued to the retrofocal SLR design.
But what about re-releasing the rare 58/1.5 Sonnar in M-mount?...

Didier