Subject: [Leica] Comparing Scanning vs Duplicating
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sun Nov 11 11:04:51 2007

I think that the scanning method is the best option. I'd only take
out the grain IFO print sizes, so keep that for post scan phase in
PS, and save the original scan as a 'RAW'. Color could be better
indeed, though.
The 5D's sensor seems not to capture the grain, so lacks 'sharpness'.
Which is harder to 'recreate' than to soften an image that is too
'grainy'.

Must be because the Coolscan's scanner is slow pass so more detailed.

Philippe

Op 11-nov-07, om 19:50 heeft Tina Manley het volgende geschreven: