Subject: [Leica] Canon G9 or Leica M8? Len
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Nov 11 13:31:06 2007

> Len,
> Auto iso is swell if you're shooting sports - you want a specific DoF,
> you also need to set a high speed, what other parameter could be
> adjusted swiftly? ISO. That's the idea I guess.
> Instead of two, the camera will process a third parameters without you
> changing, either film or body, or fiddling through sub-menus for ISO.
> KISS in three D  ;-)
> Yours
>
> Phil...x

Kiss in three A maybe.

I did now know about using it on M until recently.
Using it on S shutter speed priority does not work out so well.
Using it on A like I usually do does work out well.

But I've got my camera set at 2.8 now at a 30th of a second and I go into my
dark bedroom  and click one.' looks perfect and I see the ISO is 900
Then I go  into my bright bathroom and with the same settings click one
Right on the money again this time the ISO is 220! I point it out the
window....180 ISO. And spot on exposure.

if I'm an F2.8 @ 30 kind of guy; which I am on Sundays and last Tuesdays,
ISO is the thing for me!
Later on though I'm going to be a f5.6 at 60 kind a guy.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Canon G9 or Leica M8? Mark)