Subject: [Leica] IMG: Henna Patterns
From: pkolodny at fibertel.com.ar (Pablo Kolodny)
Date: Thu Nov 15 05:48:38 2007

Hello Tina,

well I really prefer much better the original and didn't know about that
digital Tri-X plug in.
I'm not sure I like it. I think Tri-X is a good film though it'll be showing
with different kind of grain depending on the developer and dilution you'd
souping it in. Not all developers/dilutions will work for me, I think the
best is D76 but that's just my opinion.

As for the final image, that vintage look you'd have to get I'd may've well
down down a different route. In PS, of horse.
First I would've done is to adjust image for levels/curves (I'd bet you've
also done it), then use the channel mixer command to choose the best
possible combo for channels, then convert to grayscale, then to 8 bits,
duotone to resemble some of those tones we see in vintage prints. At last I
would've added some Gaussian noise too and maybe some more stuff.

I see applying such a command/plug-in like the Alien Skin Tri-X plays sort
of automatism so things can go out of control.

Well, just my un/humble opinion.
You may try and see what you get.

regards

Pablo