Subject: [Leica] Pianist, age 92, plays Bach
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun Nov 18 17:36:53 2007

Peter,

Very nice! My wife plays some of the Well-tempered Clavier on the piano, and
the clavichord and the harpsichord.  It must have been a good memory.  We
made the trek from Oklahoma to Carnegie Hall to hear Claudio Arrau's 90th
birthday concert with the Warsaw Philharmonic. As I recall, he played a
great Emperor, but then we went over to the Russian Tearoom after the
concert and got wasted with various members of the orchestra (my wife is
Polish and can converse up to a point in the evening, thank God for taxi's),
so that might not be completely accurate.

Ken