Subject: [Leica] 1936 Summar
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun Dec 30 16:16:18 2007

On Dec 30, 2007, at 4:40 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> At 05:54 PM 12/30/2007, you wrote:
>> Just for the record, Harrison - I did NOT start this thread - the
>> first
>> remark came from some lunatic right-wing nut telling us how George
>> Bush and
>> Dick Cheney have been saving us from Osama lo these many years. And
>> if you
>> think I'm going to refrain from taking that bait, well ... Not
>> until the
>> saloon keeper pries my cold, dead fingers off my Mac keyboard. ;-)
>
> B.D.
>
> I think most regular LUG contributors resent it when you pop back in
> occasionally to ridicule us and our choices of camera equipment
> (with many politically oriented comments that belong on the LUG
> forum) and then leave again for months of silence. Of course, that
> may be just my right-wing nut lunatic Southern prejudiced opinion.
> And I am not now and have never been a Bush supporter, thank you
> very much.  I don't think Brian needs to pry your fingers off the
> keyboard.  You'll be gone again after you've made your points and
> antagonized everybody.  Can you not understand how hostile you seem
> with all of your snide comments?  Or maybe that's your purpose?  Why
> are you here if you hate Leicas and Leica users so vehemently?

Tina,

I wish BD could come into a friendly bar and stay awhile, a long
while,  and make his cogent points freely and with good taste...

He would contribute in important ways, liven the conversation, and he
could teach us photographically just for openers...

I equally wish that people who wish to squelch political talk
here...not do so by suggesting that the Democrats  want to turn the
US  into a Comunist  (sic!) country...at least check the spelling
first...

this sort of provocation is exactly what we don't need, and hardly
calms things down...

I find that people most often react in the same fashion that they are
treated.

Steve