Subject: [Leica] IMG: Original scans
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Jan 2 17:49:48 2008

At 08:17 PM 1/2/2008, you wrote:
>As I've said before - I admire the tenacity with which you're
>pursuing the market.
>Yet, I can't help feeling that you're chasing fads rather than
>following your passion.

You're right, George.  I always depended on the "do what you love and
the money will follow" idea. It has always worked up until the latest
micro-stock, royalty-free stock market where everybody wants all
rights for very little pay.  For awhile, I could still do o.k. but
most of my work is editorial and documentary and the only market
today is commercial.  Everybody and his brother has a camera in their
cell phone and can take editorial and documentary photos and give
them away for nothing just to see their name in print.  The
newspapers and magazines don't care about quality.  Have you looked
at some of the photos in publications lately?

>You may be better off photographing new bright colored subjects;
>rather than spending the time in attempting to remake work that
>stands with integrity in its own right.

And it may come down to that.  If I can't sell my editorial stuff, I
may have to move more into table-top, set-up, commercial shots -
which are currently close to paying for the stuff I really like to
do,anyway.  :-( Bah, humbug.  I need a trip.

Thanks -

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI