Subject: [Leica] Photographing food
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Jan 7 16:14:18 2008

Maybe it is not a "style" but the use of digital camera, no swings and
tilts, 1.5x sensors, limited DOF, trying to make a buck, and limited
experience.....

The Monks probably said the same thing about Gutenberg.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

High end cookbooks now often use an anti style of shooting which looks like
they had their kid do it with a point and shoot.  Highly selective thin
depth of field and natural lighting. This has gotten very successful,
prevalent and I've gotten used to seeing and liking it and so has every one
else it seems to me. Its affected everyone's perception of  professional
food photography.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Photographing food)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Photographing food)